I have been asked so many times, on how I care for my hair as it always looks so smooth, glossy and so soft to touch. Yes, ladies have asked to touch my hair and were surprised, I had no hair extensions and it is all my natural hair. I decided that I would share my secret on it. Besides genetics, which I have to thank my parents for, the type of shampoo and conditioner which I have used over the years have helped. Twice weekly deep conditioning to my hair is a must as I do blow dry my hair daily.
It will come as a shock to everyone that my no frills shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner, can be purchased at a very low costs at any supermarket .
So here goes, the brand of shampoo and conditioner is “Organics Care”. It is free from sls, als, ales, petrolchemical cleansers & parabens. I am not a big fan of hair care that contains chemicals that your body in its natural state will react badly to. As a sufferer of the skin condition eczema, I constantly have to be careful with any products that I use.
At a low costs of AUS $5.50 each, for the biggest bottle at 750 ml, you can purchase them at any supermarkets in Australia.
With my twice a week deep hair conditioning, I use the “bioglan” organic coconut oil which costs at less than AUS $7.00.
How to use
– by applying to all of the hair and combing it through
– leave it on for about an hour, then shampoo it off. If you do feel the need to use conditioner , use only a very little amount to detangle.
Benefits of coconut oil
– Coconut oil has been used for centuries and it’s unique healthy fat composition is beneficial for all types of hair .
– it is high in natural saturated fats which are harmless to your body
– it also helps with the improvement of good bacteria in your gut by destroying the bad ones .
I have only mentioned some of the benefits , but there are definitely more .
As a coffee drinker, I do mix in half a teaspoon of the coconut oil in my coffee in the mornings as well , this greatly helps with my overall health as well as keeping my eczema at bay as unfortunately, there is no care for the condition, except for maintenance on a daily basis.